As it’s summer (really, it is) then it’s an unwritten company rule to hold a few rounders matches. Having warmed up with an intra-agency championship a few weeks ago we were ready to challenge an unsuspecting supplier to a match. Bring on Gorkana.
Unfortunately we were slightly let down by someone, who shall not be named, who forgot until the last minute it was his wedding anniversary and probably shouldn’t be playing rounders. Tut tut. But that didn’t hold us back and we went out with full force. No game of rounders is complete without some disagreement over the rules and once we’d establish what hitting the ball backwards meant, we were well under way.
Some of the highlights:
- Jimmy E took one for the team by stopping the ball with his thumb (which is now twice the size)
- @PatrickYiu made some impressive hits but they always seemed to find the nearest fielder
- On the very last go, when @SamKano had about three hours in which to get round and score an impressive rounder, he completely stacked it, taking with him half of Hyde Park. No rounder
- The surprising affect that a small amount of alcohol has on rounders performance
- @PatrickYiu shouting that we should get bonus points when @SamKano hit the ball straight into the shin of the fourth base fielder
So, because we’ve told Gorkana that we have other options for media information services… we won!! Now let nothing be said about those 9 extra rounders that appeared on Gorkana’s score sheet.